Get inspired to speak to your students this year by watching a 12 year old boy from Kenya. He will inspire you to be brave, and think outside the box. http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_turere_a_peace_treaty_with_the_lions
In his article for Harvard Business Review, Chris Anderson gives some great advice for how to give one of these famous talks.
1. Frame your talk as a journey and tell the story
2. Quickly get to the reason why you care deeply about this topic
3. Practice – script, bullet points, or memorization all require practice
4. Stand still and use hand gestures wisely. Make eye contact
5. NEVER read words on a slide
6. Video clips should be short and demonstrate something that could not be told in a story
7. Show your passion. There is a reason why you love your topic and we want to know why.